Become an email wizard with this beginner-friendly workshop. We will practice creating a new email account and learn:
- How to send, receive, and reply to an email
- Recognize and deal with spam
- Organize and delete emails
- Search for messages
Equipment provided; however you are encouraged to bring your own cellphone or laptop if you have one.
Win a Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop!
Those who attend a technology workshop at NVPL will be entered to win a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop. We are giving away 12 laptops at the end of the year. You will be entered to win every time you attend a workshop, so take them all to increase your odds of winning and your online skills.
A total of twelve (12) Lenovo Thinkpad laptops with corresponding power cords will be given away. One laptop and power cord per winner. NVPL is not responsible for the functionality of the laptops and no warranty is provided. Winners will receive either a Lenovo ThinkPad E595 - 15.6" - Ryzen 3 3200U - 8 GB RAM or ThinkPad E475 LVO TP 4GB RAM.
- Only adults (age 19 or older) who attend 1 or more technology workshops at NVPL are eligible to win
- Your name will be entered to win every time you attend a workshop
- 12 winners will be randomly selected via blind drawing and will be contacted by phone and/or email
- Only 1 laptop per person
- Drawing will be held at the end of 2023
- Winners need not be present to win
Laptop winners agree to release and hold harmless North Valley Public Library (NVPL) and its staff and agents, from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and damage to property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the laptop. Each potential winner acknowledges that NVPL have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, functionality, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the laptop received.